The Department of Classics is excited to announce that five Classics students and TAs have received Outstanding Teaching Assistant Awards by the Council on Teaching. This award recognizes teaching assistants who have demonstrated outstanding ability as teachers at the University of Iowa.
- Caroline Froh - Caroline has been a TA for Classical Mythology for two years. She is currently finishing up her MFA in Translation.
- Cara Held - Cara has been a TA for Classical Mythology for two years. She is currently working on her MA in Speech Pathology and Audiology. She will continue her teaching assistantship in the Fall.
- Peter Miller - Peter received his MA in Classics in Fall 2018 and is now working on two PhDs, one in Religious Studies and one in Classics. He has been a TA for RELS:1015 Religions in a Global Context and he will be teaching CLAS:3247 Banned from the Bible in Fall 2020.
- Laura Moser - Laura is currently working toward her PhD in Classics and has been a TA for Latin for the past three years and will continue into the Fall.
- Ryan Tribble - Ryan is currently working toward her PhD in Classics and has been a TA for Latin for the past four years and will continue into the Fall.